Home Performance Testing
Is an advanced energy audit that utilizes comprehensive diagnostic testing procedures and equipment. This level of energy audit is forensic based and much more in depth than an educational energy audit.
Home Performance Test will include:
- Using the “House as a System” methodology
- Safety testing: carbon monoxide and worst case draft of Space Heating and Water Heating systems
- Efficiency testing of space heating systems (oxygen, carbon dioxide, net stack temp, efficiency)
- Distribution System Inspection (ductwork, filter, blower, etc. for forced air systems and pressure, radiator maintenance for boilers)
- Inspection of existing insulation types and levels
- Calculating square footage of area, depth and type of insulation
- Location of major air leaks and attic by-passes (air leaks into attic) documented with thermal imaging photos and corresponding digital photos
- Blower Door test to measure infiltration (air leakage) rates and used in conjunction with an infrared camera to document air leaks (see above)
- Pressure testing of individual rooms/zones to determine effect of furnace blower fan on home (forced air systems only)
- Whole House and Combustion Area Zone depressurization
- Mechanical Ventilation system analysis (bath, kitchen, air-to-air exchanger, etc).
- Determination of work to be completed and written bid specification