Is your home uncomfortable? Are your heating bills going through the roof? Just because a home is old does not mean it has to be uncomfortable or difficult to heat. With proper guidance your home can be more comfortable and create less problems all while costing less to operate.
Are you considering an insulation project? What kind to install? Where to install it? How to install it? Was it done correctly? A Home Performance Consultant can help you determine what should be done, how to get it done correctly and check to make sure it was completed properly.
Are you considering a remodeling project? This is a good time to use a Home Performance Consultant to work with your contractor to ensure the energy related aspects of the project are completed correctly.
Home Performance Testing
Home Performance Consultants can help you with your energy improvement projects, including remodeling projects or adding on to your home. Home Performance Testing can help you from start to finish with your project.
Home Performance Testing consists of a comprehensive energy-related evaluation of your home. This service can include many components:
- On-site evaluation of your home
- Safety testing of combustion equipment
- Carbon monoxide testing
- Inspection of chimney vent piping condition
- Ensuring proper draft of combustible gas appliances
- Performing a "worst case" draft test
- Inspection of mechanical systems
- Heating system
- Cooling system
- Water heating system
- Ventilation systems
- Inspection of insulation types, levels and values for walls, attics, crawlspaces, windows, etc.
- Diagnostic Pressure testing
- Blower door testing to measure air tightness
- Measurement of room pressures (forced air systems only)
- Measuring exhaust fan flow rates
- Documentation of recommendations for improvement
Additional Home Performance services can include:
Infrared Thermal Scan uses an infrared camera to measure temperature changes within a home's building shell to determine voids in insulation or air leaks.
Duct Leakage Testing will measure the amount of air leakage within a forced air heating or cooling ductwork system.
Home Energy Rating System (HERS) is a computer analysis report that generates a Home Energy Rating System score. A HERS inspection and rating score is used by the mortgage industry to assist in prioritizing energy efficiency projects for existing homes.
After the work is completed, the services of a Home Performance Consultant can also be utilized to check any energy work that has been completed to verify that it was completed fully and correctly.
Find a Home Performance Consultant.